You can also connect your On Board Unit permanently to the vehicle’s electrical system using a fixed cable. The additional costs for a fixed installation are borne by the vehicle owner.
How do I install a fixed OBU?
- Contact an organisation offering the installation service e.g. VDO or Phelect.
- OR do it yourself:
- Make sure your windscreen is free of grease and dirt beforehand.
- Stick the OBU to the windscreen horizontally and at the correct height using the suction cups: see picture.
- Make sure the OBU doesn’t obstruct your view.
- OBU will switch on automatically as soon as you start your vehicle.
For more information, check the Fixed Installation Guide.