Which vehicles must pay the toll in Belgium?

  • Heavy goods vehicles with a Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) of more than 3.5 tonnes
  • Semi-trailer tractors of the N1 category with a body code BC, regardless of their weight (since 1 January 2018) 

This means that these vehicles must have a functioning On Board Unit (OBU) at all times and on all roads. The OBU calculates the amount of the kilometre charge. You can get an OBU either online via the  Road User Portal (delivery in two to five days) or by stopping at one of our more than 100 Service Points located in Belgium. If you need an OBU urgently, we recommend you go to a Service Point.

Was this information helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!
Anything else we can do to improve our website? Let us know in the contact form