How can I couple or decouple an On Board Unit?

The RUP Manuals entitled “Couple an OBU” and “Decouple an OBU” will give you more information on how to process.

If a vehicle is removed from your fleet (sold, stolen, total loss etc), we advise you to de-register the vehicle. If the vehicle remains registered in the RUP, you risk receiving fines for this registered vehicle. You can de-register a vehicle on the RUP in Vehicle details.

Note that if the OBU doesn't show the same licence plate as the vehicle it is installed in or if the OBU shows “not ready”, you have to decouple the OBU and couple it to the licence plate of the vehicle it is installed in. You can do it on the RUP.

Was this information helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!
Anything else we can do to improve our website? Let us know in the contact form