The OBU must be returned in good working order, undamaged and complete i.e. together with the battery, the power cable and the suction cups of the OBU in order to get your deposit reimbursed. All the components of the OBU mentioned above should be sent back in one package. This means that we will not accept any OBU component which is sent separately.
In accordance to the Satellic General Terms & Conditions and to the Satellic OBU Deposit Refund Policy, Satellic will independently assess with regard to the repayment of the OBU Deposit, and this decision, which will be communicated to the e-mail address you provided to Satellic, will be final and not be open for any appeal. If Satellic assesses that you have the right to a repayment of the OBU Deposit and if a valid bank account (IBAN and BIC) number has been entered at the Service Point or on the Road User Portal, your OBU deposit will be refunded within 30 days after the reception of the returned OBU.
What should your OBU look like when you return it at a service point? (picture hereunder)
- OBU is returned in good working order and undamaged,
- Battery is returned (and is placed inside of the OBU),
- the 4 suction cups are returned and are fixed on the OBU,
- the original power cable is returned and wrapped around the OBU,
- the red general seal (in the right bottom corner on the back of the OU) is not broken or missing (see second picture)
- the red seal of the battery compartment (in the middle on the back of the OBU) is not broken (except if your OBU was fixed installed) or missing
Please DO NOT put the OBU inside of the plastic blister!
You can return your OBU either via the Road User Portal, either via a Service Point.
- If you want to return your OBU via a Service Point, we advise you to read our "Service Point Manual". Your deposit will be refunded once the old OBU (as well as the battery, the cable and the suction cups) has been returned in good condition and if a valid bank account (IBAN and BIC) number has been entered at the Service Point (or in the RUP). Your OBU will be automatically deactivated when inserted into the toll terminal.
- If you want to return your OBU via the Road User Portal, you first have to log into the Road User Portal and then to follow the return process. At the end of this process, you can choose to return the OBU via your local post office, (see "Checklist for good packaging" in the "What do you need?" section) or via the OBU pick-up service. Please note that the return address is indicated on the Road User Portal. We advise you to read our RUP Manual "Return your OBU" for more information.
If you chose a fixed installation, the seal of the battery compartment may be broken for replacing the external power cable and removing the battery (see picture hereunder).
You are only allowed to remove the rechargeable battery if you are required to do so due to safety regulations (ADR/ATEX transport).
If you want to exchange an OBU at a Service Point, you first need to order a new one against a €135 deposit, and you follow the return process as described at the Service Point or in the "Service Point Manual". Your deposit will be refunded at the latest 30 days after the old OBU (as well as the battery, the cable and the suction cups) has been returned in good condition and if a valid bank account (IBAN and BIC) number has been entered at the Service Point or in the RUP.